Monday, October 2, 2017

Memorable Passage

"Men and women, Canadian and American, who have been born in the concept, instilled in the idea, of liberty. These people of the fields, woods and mountains, pour from these regions to fill our military. Not, as many city folk think, because they're poor or desperate but because this is their essential nature. No person is happy to give their life, but the people of this region believe that there is something larger than their selves. Not just God, although many are believers in God, but a vision, a philosophy, a shared belief in freedom and justice and the battle against tyranny. From their mother's milk they are filled with this belief, that to die in the cause of freedom brings not heaven but a better place here on Earth for succeeding generations." - Live Free Or Die - John Ringo

This passage really speaks to me because I really feel the same way. I believe that freedom truly is worth dying for. It is something that is precious for me. I do see my goal that before I leave this Earth I want it to be a better place not only for my children but for everybody on the planet. The fact that they're judged by the city people that the only do this because they're poor or desperate, but because they believe in something. This belief is something that I think is beginning to disappear with all of the political infighting that America is facing. I hope that we can make a comeback, and return to the time where freedom is more important than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment