Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Artist Poems



The prison fell, and I rejoiced

My bonds had been destroyed

I was free

I must have my revenge

The crimes committed

Must not go unanswered

The tragedies befallen me

Will be there final regret

With revenge

I will find Peace




They watched as people passed them by

Forgetful of the old ways

The traditions of mankind

Forgotten they had lost their power

But not their ambition

A return to the old ways

A restoration of how things were

Until then they would wait, and watch

Patiently waiting for a return

An awakening of the truth


1 comment:

  1. The first poem gave a feeling of darkness and anger. The way you were able to convey that was very impressive. It leaves me wondering if the prisoner ever got his revenge, and if it was worth it after the fact if he actually did get the revenge he seeked. The second poem made me think of some ancient order and way of life sitting dromant in todays society, waiting to return. Good job on both!

    ReplyDelete