Monday, October 2, 2017

Fist Line and Last Line Make Them Yours

"Of all the things that drive men to sea, the most common disaster, I've come to learn, is women." -

The old question rings particularly true, is it better to have love lost or to never have loved at all. I wish I would have never loved at all. To never know the pain of having your heart ripped out as someone you loved betrayed you would be worth never loving. It creates this howling emptiness a void of hatred and regret. All other feelings are numb with in your chest. The disgust that simple memories could bring. So I ran. I ran until I hit an ocean, and decided that I had found the perfect escape. The next day I had enlisted in the Emperor's Navy. I was stationed on the HMS Charlemagne, the flag ship of the entire navy. After ten years of service fighting pirates, raiders, and massive monsters of the deep ocean. After distinguishing myself in many battles and skirmishes I was finally given my captaincy.  My first assignment was the dreadnought the HMS Attila. We immediately sailed off to patrol the fat reaches of the empire. as we finally reached our destination in the cold winter north, we ran into a raider fleet. I called for my ship to go into battle stations as I sent a message warning the empire of the oncoming enemy. We set course directly for the center of the raider formation. We entered the center of the formation all of our weapons firing. After minutes of constant firing, we begin to take heavy damage. My men began to give their lives to continue to fire at the raiders. Suddenly I found myself on the ground unsure of how I got there. I continued to bark orders until I saw my second in command in my vision. I told him "... you must go on, I can't go on, I'll go on." As everything faded to black.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really impressed at the levels of creativity you possess. This is another super interesting piece you've written! I love how the ending shows the bravery of man and the sacrifices they made. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete