Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Childhood Questions

6. My favorite cartoon when I was little is easily Lunatics Unleashed. It's about the loony tunes becoming super heroes in a sci-fi world. It was always really cool because I loved the loony tunes, and I love super heroes so it was kind of the best of both worlds for me. It has stuck with me because it is such a unique concept, there really is nothing like it. I was go see it if it was made into a Hollywood blockbuster, even if it was terrible, just because the concept of it would be enough for me to hope that it would be good.

12. When I was four I had a streak of just constantly having strep. It was literally me getting strep like seven times in a row before my parents finally got my tonsils removed. I really remember having to drink the medicine that had a bubble gum flavor and was pink just like it. That taste is so recognizable, and it actually brings back good memories, instead of the bad because I was you know sick all the time. I remember after getting my tonsils removed I had this cool bunk bed where the top was my bed and the bottom was a futon. I remember laying on the bottom eating ice cream and watching a cool dinosaur movie. I still remember that movie and I know that it's actually on Netflix right now.

14. My favorite books growing up were the fablehaven series by Brandon Mull. It's a story about these wildlife preserves, that instead of the run of the mill lions, tigers, and bears (Oh My) they have dragons, fairies and other mythological creatures. They have to fight to keep theses preserves safe and the boundaries between the creatures in place. It's very dangerous because not all of the creatures are the friendly. Which makes sense trolls are famous for eating people after all. The sense of adventure and discovery that these books gave me was really changed my life. It is a series that I plan on reading to my kids just because one there really good books and hold up well even at my age now, and I feel like it would be a good way to get my kids interested in reading like I am.

34. This is going to sound arrogant, but I was the one who learned to believe in myself. I got tired of being beat down by bullies though most of middle school, so I decided that I was the only person that I needed, that I could do anything that I wanted or needed to do. So I developed this uncompromising belief of my abilities. It's made me very independent, I can't stand relying on other people. It's also made it very difficult for me to ask for help. Which has forced me to develop excellent researching and problem solving skills because I refuse to do the easy and rational thing and just ask for help. Maybe one day I learn that I can't do everything by myself, I'll probably have to learn it the hard way. That's pretty much how I learn anything anyways.

1 comment:

  1. I loved Looney Tunes when I was younger, too! (Still do). It's not arrogant at all to be the one to teach yourself how to believe in yourself. Sometimes life is hard, and the answers we're all looking for are not in the outside world, but on the inside- as cheesy as it sounds.

    ReplyDelete