Monday, October 16, 2017

Shadows Deepen - Color Story

The blackness enveloped me. I stood in an empty cavern I could see nothing around me. All I knew was darkness, an impenetrable void of nothingness around me. I began to blindly feel my way around for something to give me a guide in this void. I started to walk with my hands out in front of me desperately grasping for something, anything.

I kept moving the oppressive darkness started to lighten. I still couldn't make anything out but the void was slowly turning into a dark Slate, I gave me hope that this massive sameness shouldn't stay the like this forever. The haze of gray slowly cleared.

I then reached a warmly lit cave. A flowing river of lava separated the cave into two halves. Shadows danced on the wall, as I moved around the cave searching for an exit, using the dim light of the lava. The glow helped lead me to what appeared to be an exit. As I took the exit the orange glow surrendered to a light.

Finally I had reached the outside world, I basked in the sunlight. Happy to be out of that oppressive prison, I walked through a field and stared in awe of the sunflowers and dandelions. I closed my eyes and tilted my face up towards the sun, I felt its warmth and was finally content. I had survived the darkness to the warm yellow of the light of the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment