Friday, October 13, 2017

Dream threads

This is what madness sounds like I thought to myself as I listened to the horrific sounds of a city being sacked. This had been a long bloody siege, one that makes soldiers ache for revenge, from those who dared to defy them for so long. I felt the need to stop them, but knew that even as their commander I couldn't, this would be better in the end other cities would surrender quicker than to suffer this punishment.

As I watched my once disciplined soldiers let loose their rage and anguish upon the city, I lost myself deep in thought and my plans. This was my first strike too uniting the shattered princedoms of the empire. I must unite them to stop the savage hordes of the south, before they came upon us like the crashing waves of the coast.

I just needed these fickle Princes to acknowledge my rule, I needed their obedience. I cared not for their loyalty it was necessary for my purposes,  and irrelevant once their power was broken. They were foolishly refusing to unite against me to eager to watch pettily as their rivals fell before me one by one.  This must end we must become the empire we were meant too so long ago. They would resist me. Why should I let that hold me back? 

No comments:

Post a Comment