Monday, August 21, 2017

I am Poem

I am…

The violent summer thunderstorm, but only when I lose my temper, I am the cold winter night hiding the warm cozy cabin within

The Driven young man always looking for answers and a better way, The difference maker, The peacemaker

The seaside cliff being washed over by the waves, The mountain resisting change

The dogmatic paladin living by a code, The guard dog of the flock of sheep

The concerned older brother, and the sarcastic son

I am…

The yelling at the computer screen when I lose, The fiery competitor who has a need to win in all things no matter how small.

The playing ball with my puppies

The biting sarcastic comments, The mocking grin, and The cold angry eyes

The smile that comes with a simple “Don’t smile”

The basketball bouncy on the pavement late at night

The late night of procrastination

I am…

The trainer of my two puppies, who frustrate me like nothing else but make up for it with cuteness

The Brother to my sister's, annoying but I love them   

The son to my parents, who guide me even when I insist on doing things the hard way

The cousin to my many cousins who are even more irritating than my little sisters

2 comments:

  1. I really like this! I am also like a thunderstorm in summer, raging and angry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the line (and your self-awareness in saying so) that you "insist on doing things the hard way" despite your parents' guidance. Your lines about the paladin and yelling at the computer remind me of my husband who games a lot. Thanks for sharing a bit of who you are here!

    ReplyDelete